Health Administration Degree Program
Realize Your Leadership Potential in Health Care
University of Cincinnati’s online Master of Health Administration degree program prepares graduates with the real-world knowledge and practical skills needed to excel in health care management. The individualized curriculum prepares you to achieve a higher level of leadership competency by delivering a deeper understanding of the unique requirements of the health care industry. It also provides a focused study of the business acumen you’ll need to successfully lead a team of health care professionals and manage a health care organization. A masters in health administration can benefit you no matter where you fit in the health care field.
- As a Patient Care Clinician you can advocate for your patients by enhancing your ability to make high-level decisions regarding the quality of their care. Courses such as Health Quality 2: Total Quality Management covers: (1) the current state of the quality of health care in the United States (2) approaches to assess quality of health care, and (3) strategies to improve the quality of care.
- As a Diagnostic Specialist you can broaden your career scope in health care by utilizing analytical skills to help you make departmental or organizational decisions. Health Quality 1: Evidence-Based Decision Making for Managers examines the study of health and disease in populations from a health management and analytical perspective.
- As an Administrator, utilize your current knowledge of health care administration and gain the skills to help you lead a department or become an executive. Health Systems Management 2: Principles of Leadership provides an introduction and overview to leadership, management, and organizational behavior in health care.
- As a Physician you can enhance your ability as a medical leader by focusing on the business of health care. Health Care Marketplace 2: Strategic Success introduces the principles, methods and concepts of three different aspects of marketplace strategic management as it relates to health care organizations: (1) strategic planning and management, (2) marketing, and (3) governance.
- As a Health Care Professional you can benefit from courses uncovering the full range and depth of the field. Health Systems Management 1: Organization & Delivery focuses on conceptual approaches and techniques needed to analyze the performance of a health services system, and an in-depth understanding of the U.S. health services system.
The UC MHA program offers a unique distance learning experience that incorporates online coursework and an interactive virtual residency. It connects you with UC faculty; local, regional and national health care administrative experts; and your peers.
Impressive rankings, experienced faculty, a practice-oriented professional curriculum, and that’s just the beginning. Learn why this program may be the perfect fit for you.